Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Potty Training Boot Camp- Round III

So, last week Graham woke up and refused to wear a diaper. He demanded underwear. Underwear he got! He picked some out at Target (lovely Cars briefs that he and Marshall now fight constantly over) and is now officially a member of the big boy club. Go Grammy!!!

However, we all know how notsofun potty training is for momma. I mean, you can't really go anywhere without an entire laundry basket full of extra clothes and you've got to constantly bribe the child to use the potty, or at least try to 'push some peepee out.' Over the weekend I resorted to the M&M bribe. It's already backfired in more ways than one! Yesterday Graham wanted all of his M&M's up front and told me he'd use the potty for the rest of the day if I gave them to him. I am neither a cash (or M&M) advance store nor do I endorse creative accounting. Sorry buddy. And, Patrick was more than willing to use the potty for Graham so I would pass out M&M's. Sorry, that's now how it works! Graham actually has to use the potty!! And, you are all lucky that every time he does I pass out three M&M's to you, too!!!

But, I will say that yesterday Graham had ZERO accidents. He's really doing a great job!! So, we are officially moving closer to having only one child in diapers. Quite a change from not too long ago when we had three children in diapers! I'm sure Pampers will miss us. :)

1 comment:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Good luck. I hope you're giving yourself some of those M&M's too. Moms earn that for potty training just as much as the kids.