Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Why I DID NOT Vote Yesterday and To Axxium or Not to Axxium

So, yeah, I'll admit it. I DID NOT vote yesterday in the 2010 midterm election. Shame on me. I chose not to vote. Why? Well, I did not take the time to research any candidates or issues that were on the ballot. Not one second. I would have walked in the booth and basically Christmas-treed the entire ballot. Not cool. Kind of takes you back to those college test days, huh?!? :) And, I feel that if I'm just going to do that then I am actually not doing anything good for any candidate or issue. So, my pledge? Well, in upcoming elections I am going to make myself spend the time to research who and what is on the ballot so that I can make an educated vote!! Now, if I can just stick to that little pledge....

But, what did I do yesterday instead of voting??? I got a much needed mani/pedi!!! Yay!! And, just for the record, when the little guy has to go in the back to get a better tool for your heels, you know it was time for that pedicure! I actually got the OPI Axxium 14 day manicure. We'll see how it holds up. I chose a super neutral color so that if doesn't last like it should, I won't be walking around with trashy looking nails. This Axxium stuff you have to go back and get taken off, plain old nail polish remover won't do the trick! Basically, from my research (because you know, it's so much more important to research the manicure you're about to get rather than the election!) it's an acrylic nail polish that they put on and use UV light to set and an acetone resistant top coat to ensure that it lasts. The best part? Your nails are totally dry when you leave, so no smudging and chipping on your way out the door! Day 1- holding up quite nicely. I'll keep ya posted! :)

No comments: