Yeah, so the house hasn't sold yet. I know, it's only been like 3 days. But, come on!! I'm ready for the sucker to be off our hands. Not to mention I'm totally over this whole keeping the house show-ready thing. Who on this green earth has the time, energy or patience to keep a house ready to be viewed with two adults and FOUR children UNDER the age of FIVE living in it!?! But, we've had great feedback from our showings and that is definitely a positive. And, that's about the ONLY positive thing about this experience.
For example, it was 60 degrees and sunny today. What did the boys do? They played outside...then inside...then back outside...then back inside...you get the drift. What did my floors look like by 2pm??? A total nightmare! Taking your shoes off before you enter only does so much to keep a house clean. And, making beds it for the birds. I don't mean just somewhat making beds, but actually making all the beds in our house. Every single morning before 8:30am when we leave for school. Pillow shams, throw pillows and all. Not fun.
And, I mentioned the whole Lent thing, right? Well, that's out the window. Except Robert's vegetarian thing. I am back to consuming my daily icecream and cookies and the boys are back to fastfood. Tuesday we even ate at McDonald's for breakfast and lunch! We had to be gone from 830am 'til 4pm, so what's a mom to do?!? Eat breakfast at McDonald's since we'd already made the house show-ready and feeding 4 small children would totally ruin that effort! And lunch? Well, we couldn't come home and we were too busy preparing the house to pack lunches so off the McD's we went!! Yeah, I've officially earned an 'F' in child nutrition this week. So what.
But, we will survive. And, hopefully a buyer will soon (very soon!) fall in love with our house and BUY IT!!! 'Til then, hello fastfood and driving aimlessly around in circles waiting for potential buyers to leave. God understands our Lent predicament, right? I'm guessing He does. Even though the boys all asked what happened to Lent the first time we drove through McDonald's this week! :)
P.S. I have some pics to post of my sweet babies. Maybe my next post will focus on that instead of moaning and groaning about the house being on the market. No promises, though...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment