Monday, March 21, 2011

The Things They Say...

Just today there have been numerous things come out of the mouth of my children that are well, rather amusing. I try to keep a straight face, but I'm not doing too well...


Marshall: I had a bad dream last night...about a monster...he was trying to take my money...so I had to fight him.
Me: Well, you can't just have a monster taking your money can you?!

I guess there's more of Robert in this child that I thought! Robert might be the only other person I know that would fight a monster in order to hang on to his money!! :)


Patrick: We don't have to stay in the dining room to eat.
Me: Yes, you do. You are not going to get stains all over my furniture and rugs.
Patrick: But Oxyclean would just get it out!
Me: Really? Who told you that???
Patrick: TV

Well, we just believe anything see hear/see on TV don't we? Kind of like what happened with the Pier 1 commercial they saw during the holidays. You know, the one that had all the stuff talking in the store telling you how great it would be in your home? Well, Patrick saw it and was convinced that EVERYTHING in Pier 1 talked. I ended up having to take them to Pier 1 one day and have the lady that worked there explain to them that their merchandise DOES NOT talk. Yeah, they said it was a first! You mean, every other mother in town hadn't brought their children in because of that commercial? Hmmmm...At least the tantrums to go in Pier 1 every time we drive by one have stopped!


Marshall: Mommmmmyyyyyy!!!! I need you to come wipe my boooootie!!
Me: I'm on my way, Marshall. (if I could only tell you how many times I have to run to the bathroom after hearing this said!)
Me: Okay, you're good. Get your clothes back on and wash your hands...
Marshall: No, Mommy. You need to do it again. You have to get my bootie sparkling clean. IT MUST SPARKLE!!


On that note, have a great day. I hope your bootie is sparkling clean! ;)

No comments: