What is it with boys and trucks and cars?! Patrick and Marshall are crazy about them, so crazy that I got the crazy idea to buy them 30 matchbox cars. Now my house is covered in tiny little cars and trucks. And, in case you were wondering, it hurts really bad when you step on one barefoot!! But, back to the cars and trucks. When we are in the car (usually with at least two matchbox cars for each child!) Patrick goes nuts when he sees a truck on the road. He yells, "Big truck, Momma. Big truck!" We end up spending the entire car ride talking about these big trucks. I have started using it as an opportunity to help him learn his colors, but I am failing miserably, as every truck is "geen" to Patrick. Well, today was a special day. There were big trucks doing work on our street. Patrick and Marshall sat and looked out the window and watched them for literally an hour! I thought we were never going to get out the door to go to the gym! We finally did, though, and when we returned the big trucks were still working. There was even a dumptruck and backhoe (I think that's what is was. We just called it a "digger truck.") So, Patrick decided he was not going to eat his lunch unless he was looking out the front door. He just HAD to watch all the trucks. What did I do? Well, I totally gave in and we all sat in the front door and ate lunch on the floor while we talked about all the trucks. Totally not something I would normally let them do, and I have a feeling I am going to pay for this later. But, at least they ate and there was minimal damage caused to my floors. Only a few mashed blueberries on the entry rug!! Well, I am off to clean up matchbox cars and blueberries. I am dreading when they wake up and notice that all the big trucks are gone. I truly believe that the love for trucks, cars, dirt and even bugs is not learned- especially bugs. I think that little boys are born loving these things!! And, I'll save our bug mashing experiences for another post. I'll have to get a picture to put with it, as Patrick runs around the backyard with a Cincinnati Reds small baseball bat and kills any bug he finds!
Note: Whan Patrick woke up from his nap this afternoon he was VERY disappointed that the "big trucks" were gone. The trucks being gone resulted in a 30 minute crying fest. It is 7:30pm and he still walks by the window and says, "Where big trucks go, Momma, where go??"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Way too cute... and yes you will pay for eating in front of the window but oh the memories it has created!
Post a Comment