Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Exhaustion


I think I'm definitely getting to the point of exhaustion!! I was wondering this morning why I feel so tired and decided to think through our 24 hour schedule. Here goes!

4am-ish: Graham wakes up for his first marathon nursing session.

5am-ish: I go back to bed.

7am: The big boys wake up and want their 4 packs of Quaker instant oatmel and "white juice" (not to be confused with milk!)

8am: Attempt to get the boys dressed before Graham wakes up to nurse again.

9am: Try to get out the door to the gym or to take Patrick to school. Not doing so good with this one. We usually don't get out the door until closer to 9:30.

10am: Hit the gym!! Try to get my workout in before one of the boys needs a diaper change or Graham needs to nurse. They don't change diapers in the playroom at the gym, and they obviously won't nurse my newborn!!

11am: Thankful that my run is over and ponder why my runs have been so difficult to get through this past week. Try to hop in the shower and hope I'm not called to the playroom for above mentioned duties!!

12pm: Come home and make lunch for the big boys and nurse Graham if not already done at the gym.

1pm: Pray for naptime to be here!

1:30pm: Naptime for the big boys and total awake time for Graham. Waiting for the day when all three nap at the same time. But, at least I get some quality time with just Graham :)

2pm: Rush around like mad trying to get dishes done, laundry going, house picked up, etc...

3pm: Feed Graham.

3:30-ish: Big boys wake up, have snack and play while Mommy watches the clock tick down until bedtime.

4pm: Am thankful that our babysitter comes in Tues., Thurs., and Fri. to help me out!!

4:30pm: Run errands if sitter here, watch clock tick down 'til bedtime if she's not here and of course, nurse Graham.

5:30pm: Start dinner for big boys and call Robert to see when he's planning on making it home.

6pm: Dinner for big boys and yet another nursing session for Graham.

6:30: Bath time. Sitter does it if she's here while I clean the kitchen and try to start dinner for me and Robert. It usually ends up that Robert makes dinner because 2 or more of the boys are not following Mommy's Master Schedule!!!

7pm-ish: Robert usually comes home and we eat dinner while the big boys wreck havoc around us.

7:45-ish: Get Patrick and Marshall to brush their teeth, read stories and go to bed.

8pm: Clean kitchen, pick up house, check email, get ready for bed.

9pm: Sit on couch and feed Graham constantly until he falls asleep around 10:30pm.

10:30pm: Make the boys oatmeal for in the morning, make sure my gym bag is packed and the boys' clothes are layed out.

11pm: Usually in bed falling asleep in about 5 seconds or less!!

So, I guess I'm pretty tired because our schedule is somewhat busy and hectic, Graham is in a growth spurt so he's waking up to eat every couple of hours at night (not following Mommy's Master Schedule!) and I am beginning my 1/2 marathon training schedule. Between being a 24/7 buffet for Graham and running my rear end off I think my body is giving up. It's telling me to rest. So, tonight I will attempt to go to bed earlier and I'm thinking that Robert and I will "eat on our own," meaing that I eat whatever with the boys and Robert picks up take-out for himself!! As I'm typing this I am reminding myself that these are precious days. I will miss the craziness of having three boys 2 and under, someday, but just not today!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO true that these days are so precious and fleeting...wish they could last longer (and then again we don't! I too watch the clock tick down till bedtime and the big exhale of the day!) Take lots of pictures so that when Pattycakes and Marshy go off to college you can reminisce about the crazy days in the little house on Cryer...