Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Butter


Patrick has a new favorite food-butter!! Many of you know of his GI issues he had the first 18 months of his life and our attempts to get him back on the growth charts. This had led us to feed him anything he likes (our Feeding Team and Cincinnati Children's Hospital has always been on board with this!) He is very fond of Quaker Instant Oatmeal made with whole milk (we go through about 30 packs a week) and now butter. Butter on bread, butter on crackers and probably anything else I'd put it on! Last night the boys had grilled cheese sandwiches, steamed veggies and fruit for dinner. Half way through the meal Patrick requested crackers and I gave him a few. He then requested butter. He ended up eating about 8-10 saltines lathered in butter. So, I'm guessing if he keeps this up he will surely move up on the growth charts. The problem, you may wonder? Well, it is "okay" to feed my child butter on everything??? Kind of a little strange, but who am I to judge strange food likes. I eat ketchup sandwiches daily!! That's right- just bread and ketchup. Love it! And, Marshall is somewhat "sturdy," we like to call it! He really probably does not need to eat several tablespoons of straight butter a day in addition to his normal intake!! Oh well. At least I offer fruit, starch, protein and veggies at each meal. I'm thinking I may have to start buying butter in bulk at Sam's!!! And, I will have to refrain from eating massive quantities of butter, too. I have no excuse- NOT pregnant again in case you were wondering ;) and my daily 5 mile runs would definitely not burn off all the butter the boys have been consuming. Until next time- at toast to BUTTER! DOWN THE HATCH!! (just for you, Ash and Jess!)
Shan :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Patrick, Jason, and Paul Deen could bond over their love of butter. Jason claims that it is his Eastern European heritage that leads to his butter obsession... I wonder what excuse Patrick will have 34 years from now?