Monday, March 16, 2009

Spiderman


Saturday night I went to pick up Happy Meals for the big boys- one of their favorite little treats!! While they were eating their dinner I discretely took the little spiderman toys and inspected them to make sure they were "appropriate" and decided that I would throw away the little web that spiderman shot when you pressed the button on his back. BIG mistake!!!!! After dinner Patrick ran in the living room to show Daddy his little spiderman. He was so excited! However, he quickly ran back into the kitchen asking me for the "piece" to spiderman. I kind of played dumb, but it wasn't working. He just knew that there was supposed to be a "piece!" So, I dug it out of the trash (yes, I dug through the trash!) and gave him the little web piece. He instantly loaded it into spiderman and shot it out, all while saying, "I got you momma, I got you!" I went in the living room and said how crazy it was that Patrick just knew there was a piece missing. How did he know that?! Well, Robert looked at me a little funny and then told me that he had told Patrick about the web piece and that if he pressed the buttom on spiderman's back the web would shoot out. I then thanked Robert and explained to him that I had wanted to get rid of the web piece so that the boys would not be shooting it at eachother, and especially at their baby brother. Oh well. Leave it to Daddy to let them play with little toys that double as weapons!

1 comment:

The Family said...

Got to love those daddy's!