Monday, October 18, 2010

"Honesty Appreciated :)"

So, this past Saturday was our street garage sale. I participated. Well, I tried to participate. Let's just say that I learned that I am NOT a garage sale kind of person! It sucks. This was my first and probably only garage sale. You want to know why? Because I just don't care. It's stuff that I'm planning to donate and I'm not one to keep a lot of crap in the first place. I regularly take random things (mostly clothes and toys) to Goodwill. I actually make the boys pack up things and take them with me as a way to talk about those that are less fortunate. But, I tried to be a good sport and put some things out. How did my portion of the garage sale end??? Well, I gave up after about 30 minutes. I left our few toys, bins of clothes and old Halloween costumes out and placed a little jar that said, "Honesty Appreciated," and called it a day. I did, however, manage to make about $15.* People were actually honest about what they purchased!! I loved it! Maybe I'll invent a new type of garage sale. I'll just place my stuff out with prices and a cute little jar and continue about my day...



*Well, I actually ended up in the hole $40 after buying Italian smocked dresses for Bella Grace and stocking up on Playmobil for the boys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's great! honesty appreciated jar- great idea!!!

D