Monday usually ends up being "Muffin Day" in the Carraway house!! I take the three boys and let them pick out a huge bakery muffin to eat at lunch. They love it! This past Monday after spending an hour outside in the pool they decided to come inside and finish off their muffins. I was feeling a little 'care-free' and let them eat their muffins in their diapers on the kitchen floor. However, before I knew what had happened, one of the big boys gave Graham their muffin!! He was in absolute heaven! Although, the mess that he made was far from heavenly. And, those of you who know me well know how I am about messes. I cannot stand them! I like our house to appear as if we don't actaully live in it. So, the muffin mess was somewhat stressful for me, but it also turned out to be a ton of fun, especially since the boys had such a great time. They were all worn out after "Muffin Day" and swimming and were actually ready to put their clothes back on and take a nap, or a "rest" as I like to call it. I get a better response when I refer to naps as "rests." I don't know why, but it works!Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Muffin Mess
Monday usually ends up being "Muffin Day" in the Carraway house!! I take the three boys and let them pick out a huge bakery muffin to eat at lunch. They love it! This past Monday after spending an hour outside in the pool they decided to come inside and finish off their muffins. I was feeling a little 'care-free' and let them eat their muffins in their diapers on the kitchen floor. However, before I knew what had happened, one of the big boys gave Graham their muffin!! He was in absolute heaven! Although, the mess that he made was far from heavenly. And, those of you who know me well know how I am about messes. I cannot stand them! I like our house to appear as if we don't actaully live in it. So, the muffin mess was somewhat stressful for me, but it also turned out to be a ton of fun, especially since the boys had such a great time. They were all worn out after "Muffin Day" and swimming and were actually ready to put their clothes back on and take a nap, or a "rest" as I like to call it. I get a better response when I refer to naps as "rests." I don't know why, but it works!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Brave you! I really love muffins but I too hate the mess. I am always on my hands and knees cleaning up all the crumbs as soon as they are done.
Post a Comment