Friday morning I was somewhat inspired (maybe by the Pacie Fairy- who knows!) and decided to officially beging potty training Patrick. I went to Target and bought the thick training underwear and plastic covers. He doesn't mind the think underwear, but isn't too fond of the plastic covers! I started putting him only in underwear and telling him he needed to put his pee-pee and poop in the potty. We even set the "potty timer" to go off every 20 minutes in order to remind us we needed to try to go on the potty. This all started at 8am. By 9am we had already had three accidents. Two on the floor, pee only, and one in the plastic cover. He decided after having pee run down his leg the first two times that he would try using the plastic cover to keep his legs and shorts dry!! By naptime we finally had a pee in the potty- yippeeeee!!!!! Go Patrick! We ended up having one more pee in the potty by the end of the day. However, it was kind of hard because if we go to the gym and during naptime he wears a diaper. But, I figure we made progress.
Marshall has also decided he wants in on the potty training action, too. He tries to go whenever Patrick does, but he still wears a diaper. I really don't believe he's got the sensation yet, but at least he is interested in trying. However, the end of our first 24 hours of potty training was a little bit of a disaster. At 7am this morning when I went in their room I discovered that Marshall had taken his diaper off, pooped all over the floor and peed all over his pillow!!! Yuck. Patrick was very quick to tell us his version of what took place in the room before I came in, but who knows how much of it is true considering it came from a child that is almost three! But, I have not given up. I've thought about it though, don't worry. We have resorted to giving two M&M's for every pee in the potty and four for every poop.
We are now on our second 24 hours of Potty Training Bootcamp and not much is different than the first 24 hours. Hopefully we will see some progress over the next day or two, for my sanity more than anything else. We are constantly running to the bathroom, trying to pee/poop, fighting because they both want to do it at the same time, then shoving and pushing begins because Graham comes in to join all the fun. It never stops in the Carraway house...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment