Monday, July 6, 2009

Potty Training Bootcamp: The Third 24 Hours

SUCCESS AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Patrick did so well on Sunday. He still had a few accidents, but they were when out on a walk or playing outside. We even ventured to Target and Sam's Club in our big boy underwear! He said he needed to go at Target and went on the potty. He then said he need to go when we got to Sam's and went. Then, as we were sitting down for our Sam's Club Sunday Brunch (there will be a post on this topic soon) he said he had to go again. So, I jumped up and took him to the women's restroom and took him to a stall. He freaked out and said he wanted the stand up potty. What?! I had no clue. But, he walked out and started to go in the men's room and I figured it out- the urinal! We ran, and I mean RAN, back to Robert and he took Patrick to the men's rooms to pee in the urinal. Note to Robert- PLEASE do not get him used to using the urinal!!! For obvious reasons, this will not work when I am out with him. But, overall we are doing quite well! The third day is the charm, I guess. Day number four has been successful, too. We have had NO accidents!!!! And, Patrick is consuming mass quantities of M&M's. We were at the gym for 1 1/2 hours and he peed in the potty of the playroom 5 times. I'm beginning to wonder if he's got some little scam going. The Only-Pee-a-Little-Stream-So-You-Can-Go-Again-in-5-Minutes-and-Get-More-M&M's Scam. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

The Family said...

it is totally a scam but whatever works. they will soon stop and you will wonder where the days went that you spend most of your day going back and forth to the potty!