Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Getting Caught Up

Our Poor, Wrecked Pathfinder :(

Well, it's been a while since our last post, but life has certainly been super busy. A few weeks ago I was driving home from an eye doctor appointment and a man turned left and hit me. I was driving the Pathfinder (thank goodness, as my car was a lot bigger than his!) and the boys were at home with a sitter (Thank God for this one.) My car was not drivable and had to be towed, as did the other person's. Robert came to pick me up and then the fun began! It was next to impossible to find a large rental car on such sort notice since it is the peak travel season. We had to have a large SUV/van in order to fit all three carseats. But, after almost three days of searching, the rental company found us a Kia Sedona minivan. (I was about to loose my mind being stuck in the house these few days. See an old post from one of our little snow storms this past winter and just insert sunny, hot weather!) And, yes, I am a convert!!! I would buy a minivan tomorrow if Robert were willing. I know this goes against everything I have ever said or thought, but I think I have reached a point of functionality over fashion. Or, maybe I'm just thirty now and a minivan comes with the territory!! But anyway, we settled quite nicely in our minivan and began to pack for our trip to Destin, FL. Boy, did we have tons of room! It was great. So, we left early June 19th and drove to Prattville, AL to spend the night and woke up and drove the rest of the way in on Saturday. We stayed in Tivoli in Sandestin and it was beautiful! We had such and nice time and were sad, but at the same time ready to head home June 27th. We ended up making the entire drive back to Cincinnati on one day, and it was brutal. But, we survived and had a nice vacation. However, vacations are not what they used to be before children!





1 comment:

Scared Mama said...

I told you!! I knew you'd be a minivan convert once you tried it out! HEHEHE!!