the right side of his forehead??
Just when I thought Graham's trip to get staples in his head was our major injury of the summer, he has to prove me wrong!! We spent Sunday night at Cincinnati Children's Hospital due to our latest injury. Thank God it was nothing more than a concussion and our baby is A-OK!!
What happened??? Well, we returned home to Cincinnati Sunday evening around 7:30 and around 8:30 Graham took a header into our coffee table. I'm guessing that he tripped over his own little pigeon toed feet, as his brothers were not involved and there were no toys on the floor! I heard the infamous silent cry, aka the calm before the storm, and then all heck broke loose. My poor baby had bumped his head in the same exact spot that he had bumped it just a few days before. Yeah, lightening can strike twice, at least that's what the ER doc said!
About 15-20 minutes after Graham fell he started vomiting. Not good. He was also a little lethargic and couldn't really keep his eyes open. Double not good. After a few more vomiting episodes I figured it was time to head to the hospital. Once there, they triaged us as priority and sent us to a room for observation. Graham started to perk up and was back to his baseline pretty quickly. So, once they felt it was nothing more than a concussion we were sent home. Whew. Nothing too serious, but still scary. I will say that I think I had the happiest kid in the ER that night, though! Have you ever seen a little guy SO happy, especially considering he just cracked his head and had been vomiting?!? But, the fall did make him a little loopy...
Did I mention it was like 1am at this point?!?




1 comment:
Oh no Shannon...what a scary night. I am glad Graham is ok and that he was smiling at the end of it all...Hope you are feeling well with baby quad.
Post a Comment