Tuesday, June 1, 2010

When to Come Running...

Never in a million years did I imagine I'd hear some of the things I hear in my house. The incident that took place about 5 minutes ago pretty much takes the cake. I am sitting in the dining room refereeing Patrick and Graham play. Marshall is in the half bath going poo-poo. I hear him yell out to me in his super excited, high pitched little voice, "It's black and white!!!" Me: Huh??? What is black and white, Marshy??? (not quite sure if I really want to hear the answer!) Marshall: My poopie!!! Me: Oh dear Lord!

Yes, this one made me come running. And, yes, it was pretty much black and white. Quite frankly, it was striped. I'm hoping this isn't too much of a problem. Never in a million years would I have imagined the discussion I just had with Marshall about why this could be. Kind of like Patrick wondering if his you-know-what would grow bigger and bigger if he ate a bunch. Or, whey they laugh and say, "it's lookin' at you, momma!" when it's well, looking at me, if you know what I mean! And, kind of like the big boys explaining to me that only boys and daddy's have a you-know-whats and that mommy's and girls only have 'bottoms' as if it was world changing news. Kind of funny how these conversations only seem to take place when I'm the only one at home and daddy is off crunching away at numbers, huh?!?

1 comment:

Lauren said...

unfortunately, it seems the boys never get over their fascination with their own excrement, smells, and, well, you know...
at least you won't be alone with the testosterone; you and bella will have tons of laughs in the future!!