Friday, May 29, 2009

What's For Dinner?

NOT this Jimmy Dean sausage!!! Tonight I planned to make spaghetti for dinner and when I got the sausage out of the frig I noticed it felt a little funny. It was really BIG and SQUISHY! I then looked at the expiration date and realized it needed to be used about ten days ago. Had it been in our frig that long?? I thought sausage lasted quite a while, but I guess not. So, on to Plan B...Chili!! I have a recipie book titled something like '5 Igredients in 15 Minutes' that has quick dinners and the chili is actually really good. But, we didn't have any Fritos to have with it and the meat was still frozen. By the way, this chili tastes best with lots of Fritos. Now, Plan C....Hmmmmm.....I ended up sending Robert to get Chipotle for dinner. Yum!! Guess I'll start paying more attention to expiration dates and not putting off cooking things for dinner.

No comments: