Well, the pooping situation has gotten out of control in a BIG way. Yesterday during nap both boys took off their clothes, pooped in their room and put it everywhere. I mean EVERYWHERE!!! Dresser, nightstand, walls, bedding, back of bedroom door, carpet, stomach, hands, head, face, hair, etc. It was not pretty. We spend the better part of the afternoon and evening cleaning up the mess and both boys received major spankings. As a result of this behavior, I have been doing some research. Evidently, according to Freud, my children are in the Anal Stage of development. We have to get this under control so that they don't become anal retentive adults, or on the opposite side of the spectrum, reckless adults. I don't know how much of Freud's stages I believe, but the bottom line is that we have to do something and make sure they have boundaries while they are young. We are working on this. I am striving to be super consistent in my reactions, punishment, etc. and really work on moving past the negative behavior, so as to not dwell on it all day and make it change my behavior toward them. I also invested way too much money in one of those video baby monitors. The one I bought is pretty amazing! The camera can pan and zoom and is in color during the day and has night vision for at night. However, my boys are way too smart for their own good. Patrick noticed the camera moving on top of his dresser and wanted to know what it was doing. I explained to him that it makes mommy and daddy able to see EVERY move they make in their room. He didn't have much to say about it this morning after I told him, but the little booger unplugged the camera during nap time!!! I plugged it back in and told him to never touch it again. We'll see how it goes.
But, on a lighter note, I do plan to tell every future girlfriend this story. Especially the ones I deem not worthy on my beautiful little boys! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment