July 30th was Robert's 33rd birthday, and the boys were so excited to make daddy's birthday special. We made cards and I was feeling rather brave, so we made a garden stone. The finished product turned out pretty cute, but I cannot say the same for my kitchen. It was raining the day we made it, so we had to be inside. I mixed up the cement and called the boys in to put their handprints in the wet cement. This was an absolute disaster!!! They kept grabbing handfuls and flinging wet cement EVERYWHERE. So, I quickly moved on to plan B for the stone- the marbles that came with the kit. This worked a little better, but they just couldn't resist getting their hands all in it. But, we made it and the kitchen (and boys) survived. Note to self: any art project that involves cement and three small children is not recommended for indoors.Monday, August 10, 2009
Happy Birthday, Daddy!
July 30th was Robert's 33rd birthday, and the boys were so excited to make daddy's birthday special. We made cards and I was feeling rather brave, so we made a garden stone. The finished product turned out pretty cute, but I cannot say the same for my kitchen. It was raining the day we made it, so we had to be inside. I mixed up the cement and called the boys in to put their handprints in the wet cement. This was an absolute disaster!!! They kept grabbing handfuls and flinging wet cement EVERYWHERE. So, I quickly moved on to plan B for the stone- the marbles that came with the kit. This worked a little better, but they just couldn't resist getting their hands all in it. But, we made it and the kitchen (and boys) survived. Note to self: any art project that involves cement and three small children is not recommended for indoors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment