Thursday, August 13, 2009
Just In Time
Well, today started off a little hectic. Boys woke up earlier than normal, so I didn't get to drink my coffee and get breakfast made in peace which always makes for a crazy start to the day. Then, while walking out of Subway with the boys I dropped my 32oz fountain Diet Coke on top of Graham's head in the stroller. Everyone in the restaurant thought I was a nut, especially when I picked it up off the floor and drank what was left. You can't let a Diet Coke go to waste just because it's been on the floor!!! And, Marshall peed in his underwear in the car on the way home. (I put him in underwear today and he was soooo excited and proud. I was hoping this would be a deterant to the whole pooping on the floor thing!) When we got home the boys were in rare form and super rowdy. They dumped their water they had with lunch all over the dining room and kept getting up from the table and running away from me. So, needless to say, I was a little frazzled. But, just at my breaking point, Marshall told me he needed to go pee in the potty. We marched in the bathroom, sat on the potty, he pushed like a mad man and turned all red and then it came. A little trickle of pee and a tiny piece of poop!!!! HOORAY FOR MARSHALL!!!!! The sweet look on his face totally made up for their behavior this week. Marshall had the biggest smile and his eyes just lit up. I loved it! He kept saying, "I did it, Momma! I pee in potty! I poop in potty!" We called Daddy at work to tell him our exciting news and he was quite impressed. However, during this time Patrick pooped in his underwear instead of the potty. Oh well. I can't have it all, right?! But, naptime went smoother. We read stories and the big boys went to sleep. Graham decided to end his nursing strike and nursed like a champ until he was fast asleep. Needless to say, all is good in this Momma's world! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh what a week! I hope you have a nice cold drink waiting for you!
Post a Comment