Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Adventures in Bathing


Last night we had an interesting bath tub experience. Natalie (our sitter) was giving the three boys a bath while I put away laundry and talked to my dear friend in Japan, Dulce, on the phone and Robert was grilling out burgers. All of the sudden Natalie calls for me saying that "we have a problem." I come in the bathroom to discover that Marshall has pooped in the tub. YUCK! It was not a nice floaty one, either. So, while she is trying to diaper 'poopenstein' and I am wondering what to do about the poop, Patrick keeps lifting up the toilet lid and I keep telling him to stay out of the potty. Finally, I look over to see that Patrick has lifted the lid to the toilet and is actually peeing in the potty while Graham is playing in the stream of pee. Wonderful. But, at least Patrick took the initiative to pee in the potty, right?! So, I got everyone disinfected and ended up soaking the bathtub in bleach overnite. It looks pretty shiny and clean today :) I have also been informed by several moms that once your child gets that nice, warm, relaxed sensation of pooping in the tub, it is likely to happen again. I really hope not!!!

And, not only did the boys end the day with a small disater, they decided to start today with another! As in a previous post, I do trust them too much, I know this. This morning I walked upstairs to get clothes for all three and came down to an erie kind of quiet. You other moms know what I'm talking about. That oh-no-what-did-they-do kind of quiet!! Well, they had gotten in my gym bag, removed my make-up bag and were in the corner of the playroom with the french door shut pouring out all of my liquid foundation on the berber carpet. It is not cleaning up so well, either. But, I tell myself that these are the crazy days I will miss when they all go off to college. Maybe I'll miss them, I'm not totally convinced yet! I figure the H-E-double hockey stick they put you through in high school will make me more than happy to drop them off at college their freshmean year! :)

Note: the picture of little Grammy in the tub is courtesy of Tricia Hackney with Get the Picture Photography. She did my maternity photos and is doing Graham's first year photos. LOVE her!! So fun to work with and my pics turn out super cute. Check her out www.triciahackney.com :)



No comments: