....No, the two are not related! Well, yet anyway. But, the Naughty Spot (aka Time Out) has been somewhat effective for Patrick. If I tell him to go there he will sit at the bottom of the stairs, wait until I tell him he can leave and then go apologize for hitting, pushing, yelling, etc...However, this is not the case for Marshall. I'm hoping maybe he's just a little too young, but I have a strong feeling it's just his personality! Last night at dinner he was beating Graham over the head with his silverware. I told him to stop several times and then threatening the Naughty Spot. Well, he did it again so off the the bottom of the stairs he went!!! He sat at the bottom of the stairs laughing hysterically at me. It was infuriating! He would get up every few seconds and look for me and smile and laugh once I told him to go back. I think I may know why some people just beat their kids instead of wasting time the the whole Time Out thing! Oh well. I'll keep trying.
Now, on to why I dress my boys alike. People ALWAYS ask me this! First, it is much easier to spot my boys in a group of children when they are dressed alike. I just look for three of the same outfit! Second, I have to admit I think it's cute :) I don't get to by nice little dresses, so I have fun making them match and letting them have the cool "messy" gelled hair look on occasion. And lastly, they expect it now. Last night I had one set of pj's with cars and one set with footballs. As I started to dress Marshall, Patrick flipped out saying he wanted the car pj's. Then, Marshall went crazy b/c he wanted to keep the car pj's. So, I ended up appeasing them both by letting one wear the car top and football bottoms and vice versa. Problem solved, sort of. They still bickered for a short while over wanting the other's top or bottoms. And, this morning we had the same issue. I got out polos that were similar, just different colors, and they went crazy because they both just HAD to wear the yellow one!! UGGHHH....I can't win. And, I hate to spend a ton of money on multiple clothes of the same size now that Patrick and Marshall can both wear a 3T. I figure it will just get more interesting as time goes by, espeically when Graham decides he wants to be choosy about his clothes, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment