I've made it to 27 weeks! The light at the end of the tunnel is becoming visible. :) And, if Baby Quad is like her three brothers she will arrive anywhere from 38wks0days to 38wks2days. So, I guess I most likely only have 11 weeks to go!! WHOOHOOO!!! Good thing, too, because the belly's starting to get a little on the big side. It's still soft and mushy, though. Not yet hard as a rock and stretched like it will be come the last 4 weeks or so.Some things to note:
I'm thinking that she might be head down. Yay! Or, she's head straight up, but I'm going to be optimistic. I feel the most jabs very low and centered or just off center and very high centered or just off center. And, can kind of make out a bulge at the top of my belly and I think it's a little too soft to be a head- most likely a little baby bum! I have an ultrasound next week so we'll see just how she's positioned then.
I felt her have the hiccups for the first time this week. So funny! Keep working that diaphragm muscle so you'll be ready to breathe baby girl! However, come 38wks it gets pretty annoying. The boys liked to get the hiccups all night long and it would wake me up.
And, speaking of waking me up. Baby Quad wakes up a 5am on the nose EVERY morning! She must have some kickboxing class or something because she's bouncing of the walls- of my uterus. :) This means that I get to wake up at about 5am every morning, too. Robert says she just training me. And, she probably is. The boys all liked to wake up for a nice little 5am feeding and then go back for a snooze.
I took her bedding to be washed/pressed this week! And, I've just about gotten all the boy stuff out of the nursery. I'll hopefully start putting it all together over the next couple of weeks. I'd like to have her room/things all put together by the first half of June so I can just enjoy the last 6 weeks or so.
Graham is now sleeping like a big boy in the same room as his brothers. They all LOVE it! We are still working on each of them staying in their own bed. If someone misbehaves too much they get 'demoted' back to the nursery and they really DO NOT like it. I don't think any of them like to sleep alone. Safety in numbers, right!?
We, well let me be honest, I have not totally committed to a name yet. Robert says unless I come up with anything better we know what it will be. Patrick and Marshall are pretty sure of what they want her name to be. We'll see. I've got about 11 weeks to commit. And, we have our 3d ultrasound next Saturday, so maybe seeing what she looks like will help us decide. She will have a name by the time she comes home from the hospital and it won't be Quad! :)
I have my 28 week OB appointment and my consult with the vascular surgeon next week. After next week I'll go every 2 weeks for OB appointments. And, hopefully the vascular surgeon will give me a better idea of what will be involved in taking care of my horrible varicose veins. They are really bad now and will continue to get worse over the next couple of months. I should take a picture to document how bad they really are! But, I've already been told they can do the surgery as soon as 6 weeks postpartum. Relief is in sight!!
I'll be sure to post pictures after our 3d ultrasound next Saturday. I can't wait!! And, goodness there's been some belly growth over the past 5 weeks, huh?!? As the boys say, keep resting and getting big and strong baby sister!!



1 comment:
Shannon,
You really look amazing! Have a fantastic Mother's Day with all your babies!!
Post a Comment