Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Best Laid Plans

Yesterday I took a stroll through Home Goods (love that store!) while the boys were with the sitter. I saw this cute little "Time Out" chair and thought it would be great for the boys. Well, not so much. When I brought it home they fell in love with it. I explained that it was our new "naughty spot" and when they misbehaved they had to sit in it for a few minutes. The totally missed the point. They ended up carrying it around the house, sitting in it and pouting as if they were in trouble. We'll see what happens when they actually have to sit in it at some point today, as someone is in time out every day!



I spent yesterday morning, before the boys woke up, Goo Gone-ing my kitchen floor. The boys had made cute signs for Daddy's promotion announcement at work Monday. While I was digging through our arts and crafts bin to prepare, they got into the foam letter stickers and decided to make a "snake" with them across my kitchen floor before using them to make congrats signs for Robert. I didn't really freak out at the time, as whenever they stick stickers on things (my Waterford vase!) they usually just peel right off. Not these foam letter stickers!!! They were S.T.U.C.K. Urghh. I finally ended up finding the Goo Gone stuff and had to let them soak in it for a while before I could get them off. I also ended up having to mop the kitchen to get the greasy Goo Gone off of my floor. Lesson learned. And, Goo Gone is pretty fabulous stuff!!

No comments: