Friday, December 4, 2009

Top Ten Signs It Might Just Be Time To Wean

10. Your child is over 12 months of age
9. Your child is capable of feeding himself table food
8. Your child drinks out of a sippy cup and cup just fine
7. Your pediatrician asks at every visit, "Is he finished nursing yet??"
6. Your child's older siblings walk him to you whenever they think he needs momma milk
5. Your child attempts to gain access to his momma milk by going down your shirt
4. If going down your shirt is unsuccessful, he lifts your shirt and crawls under it
3. Your child asks for momma milk by name, even if he's got a sippy cup right in front of him
2. Your child gets a giddy, goofy grin on his face and kicks his feet and claps his hands if you tell
him he can have some momma milk
1. Your almost 16 month old knows the workings of a nursing bra and will unclasp it, nurse and
close it back up when he's finished!



Yes, Graham is showing all of these signs. I think if might just be time for him to be done nursing! He's down to just a few times a day, which is nice. However, I do miss the "nature's boob job" that I've had for the past couple of years, as things are a little um, lower now that he's nursing less. But, I do have so much more energy and I am not ravenously hungry all the time since he's not sucking all the life out of me these days. So, once we get through our holiday travels I think we will be spending some time focusing on weaning Graham (of course I've been saying this since he was like 6 months old!) and even attempting to potty train Marshall.

1 comment:

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I nursed my first for 18mo. and the 2nd around 15 months. One day it was just over didn't even plan it. Which was better for me because if I thought about it I would have been wayyyy tooo emotional!