Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Fluttering Heart

Dec. 31, 2009



On December 22nd we had our second ultrasound of Baby Carraway #4. They were checking to see if my dates were matching up (aka if there was a heart beat now) and looking to see what the cyst had done. Well, the cyst is still there and we saw that heart beat!! A sweet little fluttering heart. Yay! The two ultrasounds, my blood work and my knowledge put me at 7wks4days which is about a weeks and a half behind what the last menstrual dating put me at. But, I knew I was right! I think after being pregnant enough you just kind of know when it happened. So, everyone is settled on the dating now and I move to the regular every 4 week appointments. I go back in January 7th and hopefully they'll hear little Baby Carraway #4's heart with the doppler!


On other pregnancy notes...The morning sickness had gotten a TON better. It started earlier and with lot more vengeance than any of my other pregnancies, but it seems to have faded slightly earlier, too. This is great news for anyone that has to be around me these days! ;) I've also got the early pregnancy pooch thing going on now, too. I finally went and invested in one of those pregnancy band things so I can wear my normal clothes and just not button them up. Would be a great thing to have even when not pregnant for after all those Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners!! I might just have to hang on to this thing. :) And, Patrick and Marshall seem to know that there's a baby on mommy's belly. However, I doubt they really get what this means but it's cute to hear them talk about it, none the less. We did finally tell all of our family and friends while we were home for Christmas. They all seem to be pretty excited, some more excited than others, but I think that's just how it is when you start having multiple children. It becomes kind of the norm, so to speak, for you to be pregnant!! I am planning to start taking belly pics on the days of my doctor appointments, so I should have one next week at the 10wk mark. Until next time...stay nice and cozy in there little bean. :)

No comments: