
December 7th-8th, 2009
Yup, it says 'PREGNANT.' WHOA!! How did that happen??? Well, not the biology lesson part but the how-in-the-world part. I was wondering if something was going on the past few days, as I just felt a little off, but I figured it was surely NOT because I was pregnant. E.P.T. has proven me wrong, though. And, so has my OB/GYN. They had me go in yesterday, the 7th, for confirmation and to schedule an ultrasound since I was having some pretty bad pelvic pain and was unsure of my dates. The pelvic pain seems to be due to a 3.5cm cyst on my right ovary and the ultrasound showed a gestational sac and yolk sac, but no baby yet. They are guessing that I am 5wks3days pregnant, as that is what the ultrasound and my blood work showed. We'll see. I go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound to see if there is a baby.
I have a flood if every emotion possible right now. Excitement, surprise, worry and fear top the list. Excitement because, how exciting is it to welcome a new life into our family and into this world?! Surprise because this is purely a surprise, just as my last two pregnancies were. Worry because I just tend to worry when I'm pregnant. I worry about my health and the health of the baby. I worry how it will impact our marriage and the boys. I have fear, because I usually have that when I'm pregnant, too. I fear for the baby's safety, my safetly and every other thing imagineable. But, overall I am embracing this pregnancy. Or, trying to anyway. I know that this is the LAST one. I didn't have this feeling with any of the others, so I'm guessing this is how I know I am done after four! This feeling along with our plans to do something permanent to prevent pregnancy in the next year pretty much seal the deal.


No comments:
Post a Comment