Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Potty Mouth

Yes, I can be a potty mouth at times. I admit it. But, it's not like I'm dropping the horrible f-bomb left and right or anything. I just have a few choice phrases/words that I often mumble under my breath or not so under my breath if the occasion presents itself. And, many of them are not even "potty mouth" things, they're just things that I would rather my children not say. Such as, "Oh my GOSH!" with a huge sigh afterwards. This one is usually due to the boys getting into something. Or, "Seriously guys. This is RIDICULOUS!!" Again, when they are doing something they should not be doing. These are two phrases the big boys use all the time, and I have to admit it can be pretty funny. But, I do have one word I say that is a little higher on the inappropriate list. It's dammit. Yes, it's a favorite of mine. And, I usually don't even realize I'm saying it and it's usually when I *think* I'm alone in the room and drop something or hurt myself. However, the all hearing ears of my 3 year old and 2 year old have picked up on this word. Isn't it amazing what those little ears hear when you think they are busy doing something else on the other side of the room or not even in the same room as you are?! Well, the other night while Robert and I were eating dinner, the big boys were playing with their barn and trying to put their trucks inside of it and use it as some sort of auto repair shop. Evidently their trucks were broken or something, who knows. But, the trucks would not fit inside the barn and the next thing I know, both big boys are saying, "Dammit. Dammit!!" as they attempt to shove trucks into their little barn. I tried to ignore it, but after a few times I reminded them that dammit is not a very nice word and that they should not say it, and neither should momma. We'll see how it goes. But, I do take responsibility for this one. And, I apologize in advance to everyone because you know they won't ever use that word again until we're sitting at Christmas dinner or something! I can already see how it will go. One of them will drop or spill something and a big 'ol dammit will come out. So, as I've mentioned in posts before, I think watching my potty mouth will certainly be one of my New Year's resolutions!

No comments: