Monday, December 28, 2009

Preschool Christmas Party


Back on December 16th (see previous post about me being a little behind!) Robert, Patrick, Marshall and I went to the Christmas party for Patrick's preschool class. Graham stayed home with a sitter, as decorating gingerbread houses seemed a little out of his league at the age of 16 months! We all had so much fun! We decorated our gingerbread house (which was mostly eaten by the time we left the party,) made cranberry and popcorn necklaces and fruit loop necklaces and even got to watch the kiddos sing some Christmas songs!!



The boys really enjoyed making their gingerbread house, but couldn't resist eating more candy than they put on the house. Every time I turned around there was candy missing! By the end of it Marshall was using the popcicle stick as a spoon to eat the frosting and Patrick was taking big bites out of the roof!


Making the necklaces were just as much fun as the gingerbread house and provided a great opportunity to snack, too! Marshall strung his entire froot loop necklace and then ate every single fruit loop off! Maybe I should actually let them eat sugared cereal occasionaly and they wouldn't be so obsessed with eating it.


The kids singing songs was Patrick's least favorite part. He decided to sit in my lap instead of going up to sing. I guess he was having a shy day or something! But, all in all it was a great time and Robert and I enjoyed meeting some of the other moms and dads that came to the party!

No comments: