Thursday, February 18, 2010

15 Weeks...Well, Actually 16











So, 16 weeks now! Forgot to put up 15 weeks pics. Only 22 more weeks to go. I had my 15 week appointment this week. All is good. Baby Quad's heart rate is still higher than any of the boys ever were. My doctor says that he/she must just be having a party in there, or maybe it's a girl since they say girls have a higher heart rate. We'll see next Saturday!!! My blood pressure is good, weight gain good, pee good. Noting too exciting. They have decided to do the big anatomy scan ultrasound at 22 weeks instead of around 20. They said they were having to do too many repeat scans due to not getting good pics on patients, so now they just do the scan later on all patients. A combination of doing scans too early and patients being of less than ideal weight (aka overweight) makes getting good pics hard. So, definitely glad I have the ultrasound at 17 weeks. I would be SO impatient having to wait until 22 weeks to find out the sex. You know patient I am...


But, I have decided that I need to write a book about all of the things the books about pregnancy forget to talk about. All of the things that these books conveniently leave out are in full swing now!! Mood swings. Yeah, I have those!! Big time. Just ask anyone in my house. And, they are by far worse this pregnancy than they have ever been. Varicose veins. Yuck, yuck, painful, ugly and more yuck. These babies didn't get bad until Graham, and they are even worse this time. They are actually TERRIBLE. They hurt like you-know-what and are extremely unsightly. And, I'm only 16 weeks!!! There's no telling how bad they'll be by the end. And, all those books tend to leave out the fact that not only can you get them in your legs and/or rear end (hemorrhoids?!) but also in some other areas. Yeah, that other area. Not fun. And, they get worse with each pregnancy and as you age. But, I've already been referred to a doctor to have all of these things zapped with a laser after the birth. ASAP. And, speaking of after the birth, I've already taken care of my permanent plans. Eight weeks postpartum it will all be taken care of. NO more babies for us!!! :)

That's about it for now. Definitely another update in just over a week when we find out if it's a Quad or a Quadette!

No comments: