Friday, February 5, 2010

Finding the Fundus and 14 Weeks




First off, the fundus has been found!!! :) I am hoping this means that my lovely little uterus has pulled itself upright. And, 'finding the fundus' goes back to the the good 'ol nursing school days. I don't remember exactly how it got started, but during our OB/GYN rotation a couple of the guys (well, the only couple of guys in my class!) got on this fundus kick. And, the whole goal ended up being to find the fundus, or the top of the uterus. But anyway, I have found my little 14 week fundus. Random tidbit of knowledge- the fundus should be at my belly button at 20 weeks. :) Now, moving away from fundus talk...


WhooHoo!! I am officially out of the first trimester. It is a thing of the past. :) I am 14wks pregnant now, only 24 more weeks to go. Things are still going well, not too much to report. We did get the results of our Ultrascreen and everything was 'normal.' The risk for Trisomy-21 is about 1:11,600 and the risk for Trisomy-13, 21 is about 1:21,500. So, no, I am not guaranteed a healthy baby, but it's always reassuring to get good prenatal test results back!! At my appointment in a week or so I'll have my alpha-fetoprotein test done for open nueural tube and then no more tests until the dreaded glucose challenge!! Yuck. It's my least favorite because they always give me that nasty orange stuff to drink and I hate orange flavored stuff. When I did the test with Patrick I just about threw up at the lab and had to redo the entire test. But, maybe I'll be lucky and get the lemon-lime flavored sugar water!!! My face seems to be somewhat less broken out this week, which is a good thing. However, my awesome varicose veins are acting up. But, those things will be zapped ASAP after this baby is born!! Well, that's about it. We do find out the sex of little Quad in 3 weeks!!!! Can't wait. :)



Below are my 13wk pictures, since I forgot to post them last week. Not much change! But, wow, look at that 12 week picture!!! I went back and looked at Picasa to see exactly when that pic was taken and why my belly looks so huge compared to the other pics. And, that picture was taken at the end of the day. I usually take my belly pics in the morning some time. So, you can totally see how at the end of each day I tend to look a little more 'out there' and in the morning!!











No comments: