...to a breakdown. Or, a Mommy Dearest moment as some I know refer to them. :) For starters, it's winter. Yuck. And, it's February. More yuck. And, we are oh-so-lucky to be getting more snow. Yuck to the nth degree. I am OVER winter. And, the stupid groundhog had to go and see his darn shadow! My children are stir CRAZY. It's getting ridiculous. They are consistently behaving like barnyard animals. And smelling like them, too! Not because they don't get bathed, but because they are little boys and they are totally amused by certain bodily functions. Oh yeah, and I'm pregnant. I'm at the the worst phase of it, too. Well, maybe it's a tie. The worst may actually be 32-37 weeks. You know, the end part where you're miserable but you know you don't want the baby to come just yet because it's too early. But, now I'm in the I've-put-on-enough-weight-t0-not-fit-in-my-clothes-but-not-look-pregnant phase and the can't-feel-the-baby-move-yet phase and the don't-yet-know-the-sex phase. So basically, I look like I over indulged big time during the holidays and I can't yet enjoy the sweet little flutters of baby Quad that no one can feel but me that put a huge smile on my face and I can't yet day dream about names, the nursery, the clothes, what he/she will look like, etc...Whew! I'm just a ball of pleasant fun now, eh?!?
However, this too shall pass. Eventually. We could live further north and have even nastier winters, right? And, my children could just be that poorly behaved and it have nothing to do with being cooped up. And, I could not have the blessed ability to become pregnant have my beautiful children, right? Yup. I really don't have it that bad. I have a great husband, fabulous little boys, a warm home, food in my fridge, amazing friends, etc...The list could go on and on and on. But, I'm not going to lie. Today I just feel like moaning and groaning a little...and day dreaming of running away to some tropical paradise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Nothing I love more than my Mommy Dearest moments!!! You're pregnant and you have 3 toddler boys...I say you get to moan and groan a little! :)
You absolutely have the right to complain! You should move to Nashville. We get snow just a few times a year...just enough to enjoy and get out of school.
This sounds like so many of my February posts. Hang in there, hon.
Post a Comment