Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lowest of Lows

Oh, boy. I'm there. I've officially hit my all time low. The one thing I have said for 15+ years that I would NEVER do. I am going to do it. Could be as early as this week, but it will certainly happen before Quad is born. What is it?!? Well, I am going to drive a minivan. A MINIVAN. Oh my goodness! I am going to test drive one this afternoon with Robert. Whoa. This is the one vehicle I have always said I would NEVER drive. Why? I have no clue. I just always said I was not going to be one of those minivan moms. But, that was before 3.5 children! And, before we lived in the middle of Cincinnati where driving a Suburban or something will just not work. Too much on street parking, parking garages and the fact that we live in a 100+ year old house and you can't drive a massive vehicle up our driveway, it's too narrow. So, I will soon be the proud owner of a minivan. I can barely say it! Ahhh! Not that there's anything wrong with them, it's just always been this joke that I will not drive one. Man, karma has a way of gettin' ya, huh?!?

But, I am embracing the idea. How nice will be be for my children to be able to climb up into the car without me giving them a boost? How nice will it be to get us all in, shut the door and walk through to fasten all the carseats? Now I have to deal with kids that run off while I'm putting one in the car and going back and forth to both sides of the car to get everyone buckled up. So, this minivan thing will be quite nice, I am imagining. And, how easy it will be to maneuver everyone in and out once my belly is sticking out so far I look like Humpty Dumpty?! Let's just say that me getting up into and out of the Pathfinder at 9mo. pregnant is a bit of a challenge and quite a sight to see!

We plan in keeping the Pathfinder, though, as it's only a couple of years old and the 4 wheel drive is a must-have during the winter. We'll say farewell to the Camry. So, here's to a new little adventure today! Hopefully it will go well and you know I'll have to post a pic of my new pimpin' minivan once we actually buy one!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very funny post! For 3.5 kids, choices are somewhat limited in the states. It's so true once you have a minivan, your kids can walk right up to it and get in all on their own. It's pretty remarkable. I'm impress that you lasted as long as you did before you got one. Dulce, Denmark