Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Marshall's First Day of School


Yesterday, February 1, 2010, was Marshall first day of preschool!! He joined an existing 2 1/2 year old class at our church where Patrick goes. Marshy had been waiting for this day since this summer. We kept telling him that after Christmas when he was old enough he could go to school with Patrick. Well, his day finally came!
The week before he started he pretty much told everyone, and like a thousand times, that he was starting school 'next week.' And 'next week' came yesterday. By 7:45am Marshall had finished breakfast, put on his clothes, put on his jacket and was anxiously awaiting it being time to go. He was sooo excited- I loved it!!! He marched in his classroom at 8:30am, took off his jacket and 'pack pack' and washed his hands as if he'd been doing the whole routine for years. He went and started to play at the sensory table with one of his new teachers and when I went over to give him a hug goodbye he said, "I love you, mommy!" and that was it. He was ready to begin his school day!
I then took Patrick to his class and he had the best drop off he's ever had! I think he likes that Marshall is at school now, too. I guess maybe Patrick's been worried that Graham, Marshall and I are going to go to Disney World or something while he's stuck at preschool. So, hopefully Marshall's presence at school will help with Patrick's issue of never wanting to go to school and throwing a full on temper tantrum at drop off. We'll see...
At 11:30 I cam with Patrick and Graham to pick up Marshall from his class and he didn't want to leave!!! I guess he had that much fun. :) But, we persuaded him to come home with us by promising McDouble's from McDonald's. Yes, I feed my children double cheese burgers from the dollar menu at McDonald's. It's one of their favorite treats (nuggets just aren't cool anymore, I guess!) and all three will eat an entire double cheese burger!
So, the first day of preschool for Marshall was a huge success and I am hoping this experience will help to change my less-than-positive attitude of the entire school. Especially since we are on the waiting list for another school and may very well be at our current school again. Here's to a great second half of the school year for my big boys!! :)

No comments: