I go back for another 4 week appointment next week and I'm guessing they'll talk more about my delivery options. They usually do that at about this point. They typically offer to induce at 38 weeks and a couple of days, knowing that I've never made it that long, but they still schedule an induction. They also like to find out when and if I will want an epidural. I'm planning again to not have one, but I make it very clear that I still want the order written and for it to be an option should I change my mind! But, hopefully I'll have another smooth, natural delivery. They also like to find out about whether I'm choosing bottle or breast. I'm planning to nurse again, so hopefully Quad will take to it as well as Graham did. And, I'm convinced that nursing as soon as possible after delivery helps get off to a good start. My doctor usually likes you to nurse if you are going to as soon as they get you all cleaned up. They'll also schedule my dreaded glucose challenge at my appointment next week. I've had no issues with gestational diabetes in the past, but I just hate the test. For some reason the 'glucola' stuff makes me so sick to my stomach that I often have a hard time keeping it down long enough for them to get the blood draw!! And, it sends my babies on a wild sugar high and they become acrobats in my stomach which doesn't help with the whole nausea thing. But, it's a necessary evil.
And, speaking of the evils of pregnancy. I've definitely hit the not-sleeping-so-well-anymore phase. Quad tends to be a night owl and while she's in there rehearsing some crazy dance moves, I'm tossing and turning because it keeps me awake. But, I enjoy it a little, too. It's always nice to know she's moving around in there! I've also hit the watch-what-you-choose-to-eat-or-you'll-pay-later phase. I tend to be very sensitive to salty foods, gassy foods and heartburn inducing foods when I get to this point. However, for some unknown reason I still LOVE to eat Mexican food, Thai Peanut Chicken Salad from Honeybaked Ham, salads and french fries. I know that all of these foods will make me pay later, but like a moron I consume them. Oh well, I at least try to pick out the red onion from my salads and the green onions from my Thai Peanut Chicken Salad!
Now, for some positives. For the most part, I still feel really good. The varicose veins are what they are and they could be worse and will get worse by the end, so I just try to appreciate the fact that they are not as bad as they could be. I think some of it has to do with the fact that they are already here. They came mostly with my third pregnancy and they hurt like you-know-what then. Now, they are just there and painful but not getting too much worse. I have noticed that it is very painful when I get new ones, so I think what hurts so bad is when they come. We'll see. I also definitely look pregnant now. I like this. It makes it feel more real and I feel a lot more comfortable in my skin. I like to say that finally the front end growth is catching up to the rear end growth! I also love that I can feel baby Quad move and listen to her heart beat with the fetal doppler. The boys really enjoy it, too! Now, on to the latest ultrasound pics...
We have a picture like this of each of the boys, too.
Her sweet face. Well, actually it's a bit scary lookingif you ask me! But, you can see where she has her arm
up by her face.
The money shot. The undercarriage shot.The it's a girl shot! Trust me, this shot looks
quite different than the boys' image like this did!
I'll go in about 6 weeks for my 3D/4D ultrasound. It's my favorite!!! We get to totally see what she looks like. I'm also hoping that this will help me to commit to a name, but no promises! And, I don't know if it's just my doctor or what, but it seems that I get a lot of ultrasounds. People are always saying, "Didn't you just have an ultrasound?!?" I think my doctor just either likes them or knows that patients do. I know I love them and usually have about 5-6 with each pregnancy! Well, now on to the latest belly pics...
Yup, there's a baby in there!!shots each week, but I really want to keep them up.
I know they will be fun to look at in the future. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment