Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ugliness

This, my friends, is the ultimate UGLY. Yes, this is THE chair. THE chair that I absolutely cannot stand. It's horrible. It's so bad that now not only do I not like the fabric on the chair, I don't like the chair itself! What to do, what to do?!? Well, we've had about 6-8 different rugs in our house in attempt to mask/make more bearable the ugly chair. It has not worked. I've ended up returned all of them. The people at the store have even recommended that I just ditch the chair!! But, I will say that I have a rug now that I picked up today and I think I am going to keep it. It doesn't help much with the ugliness of the chair, but we need a new run in the living room since the one that was in there is now in the dining room. And, yes, Robert, I do realize that this now puts us at having THREE large area rugs rolled and stored in our basement. Do not remind me. And, yes, Robert, I do realize that I had small swatches of fabric to choose from when picking out the fabric for the chair. But, the fabrics I liked best were not available and I was sick of dealing with the whole thing so I just picked one. A REALLY bad one! So, we've decided to just live with the chair for now (although I will admit that my skin crawls every time I'm in our living room and see the ugly chair!) and have it reupholstered at some point in the relatively near future. Preferably when we are going to buy a new sofa and I can just pay someone to design the entire room. Oh, and before you actually look at the picture- I warned you!! It's U.G.L.Y. And, I am totally open to any possible decorating ideas/tips on how to survive the time we have with this horrendous chair.


By the way, did you notice the children's clothes hanger hanging in the tree?!? I noticed it last night but was too tired and unmotivated to actually get it out. And, I do realize that the tree rivals the chair on the ugliness scale!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I don't think it's as bad as you have made it out to be! But it's hard to tell what it looks like with the rest of the room. What about a slipcover? You might could get one without having something custom made that would look decent, esp if you got the little screw thingies to hold it in place. Plus, with all of the kiddos around, you can just take the slipcover off and wash it if, no WHEN, it gets dirty!!

Owen and Erin said...

honestly Shannon, i thought the chair was going to be uglier. It is not as bad as you described it. I like your idea of getting a decorator. I am thinking of that as well...when I am ready to buy my new china cabinet, coffee table and end tables. I think they will be able to find what I want, with out me actually having to look for it. I don't have the patience to look for things. Anyways, your chair is not bad.