Friday, April 9, 2010

Random Ramblings

So, here are a few random moments from our week...

Sunday afternoon Robert went up to *remind* the big boys they were supposed to be taking a nap. He overheard Patrick say to Marshall, "Let me tell you 'bout Jesus..." Patrick went on to tell Marshall about a man getting his ear cut off and Jesus putting it back on and healing it. Evidently, it was something Patrick saw in what he called the "Jesus movie" at Sunday school. Hmmm...mixed feelings about this one. First, I am super happy that Patrick appears to be really learning in Sunday school! However, I can't help but wonder if the whole Simon Peter cutting of the servant's ear and Jesus healing it is age appropriate for a 3 year old Sunday school class. The last thing I want if for Patrick to cut one of his brothers' ears off thinking that Jesus will simply put it back on! It's not that simple. Yes, prayer and Jesus would be involved, but not in the way that I imagine a 3 year old would think. But, it has provided a bit of a laugh for me. I just love that Patrick said, "Let me tell you 'bout Jesus..." Maybe we have a future preacher on our hands!!


I overheard quite an interesting dinner conversation going on between the boys. They were sitting outside on the back deck eating dinner at their picnic table debating over whether you say 'darn it' or 'dammit.' Lovely. Well, not really. Not at all actually. But, one of the big boys said 'darn it' over something and then Graham (yeah, the 20mo. old! AHHH!!!) said, "No! Say dammit!" This started the whole thing. The big boys kept saying it is not nice to say 'dammit' and that you can say 'darn it' while Graham kept getting more persistent that you say 'dammit.' I tried to just stay out of it, as I know with my boys and these things that the bigger deal I make of not saying either phrase the more they will say it just to get a reaction out of me. And, by the way, this little dinner conversation between the three of them occurred on Easter Sunday. Not exactly in line with the whole Easter spirit. But, like I said, I didn't make a big deal out of it and they changed the subject and it has not come up again. Hopefully we're good, for now anyway...


Patrick has become quite interested in Spanish. He will request to watch a show or movie in Spanish and today he wanted me to "talk Spanish" to him while I was pushing him on the swing. So, we've been counting and practicing our colors in Spanish lately. We've also been leaning how to say some other basic phrases. He's pretty quick to catch on! But, they do say that when kids are young is the best time to learn a second language. I do know that they have Spanish class at preschool and I think this is what has triggered his interest. I should take advantage of this and refresh on the 4 years of Spanish I took in high school and the 4 semesters I took in college and try to teach the boys. We'll see. I'll just add it to my ever growing to-do list!


We moved one of the cribs out of the nursery this week and put the toddler bed conversion of it in the big boys' room. All three of them seem to want to be in the same room, so I figure why not? It will give me back the nursery to re-do for baby Quad. I don't know how it will all go once we actually move Graham out of the remaining crib that is in the nursery and into the toddler bed. It could be an adventure!


I pulled a blame-it-on-pregnancy (or maybe I'm just that absent minded!) moment last night that I discovered this morning. I somehow left a carton if ice cream in the car overnight. I think it must have come out of one of the grocery bags on my way home from the store last night. I remember wondering if I had put away the ice cream, but I didn't see it sitting on the kitchen counter so I assumed I must have put it away and just not remembered. Ummm...nope. The carton of ice cream was sitting in between the seats of the car this morning when we piled in to go to the gym. Yuck!!! The mess wasn't too bad, though. I am bummed that I don't have my Take the Cake Edy's Slow Churned ice cream to eat, though!


'Til the next random rambling.....Have a great weekend!! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really LOVE reading about the things done/said by/between your boys. They remind me soooo much of things that were done/said by/between Donnie and Dona when they were growing up. Looking back at some things remind me of others and I think, "Oh boy, wait until blah-blah-blah happens. She'll have a fit/crack up." Enjoy them, even the really crazy stuff, and remember to remember them. When things happen that are actually bad, remember, "This too shall pass."

Unknown said...

Oh and Shannon, the ice cream? It isn't pregnancy, its age. LOL Happy Birthday!!!!
I love ya.

Of course it could be age AND three toddlers. Love your boys and wish I was closer so I could spend time with them.