
This morning, about 9am, I was in the kitchen blow drying my hair and attempting to put on make-up (because you know you sit in the middle of your kitchen, half dressed, making yourself presentable for the day!) while the boys surrounded me playing with Duplos. All of the sudden I heard a "NO!!!"from Marshall and the silent cry that every mother knows means it's not good from Graham. Graham came running to me and I hugged him and told him it was okay, all before I looked down and realized there was blood everywhere. There was blood all over the kitchen, the half bath and Grammy. Poor baby! :(
So, after some crowd control, settling Graham down, evaluating the damage and placing Marshall in some serious time out it was time to call the pediatrician. The little cut certainly did not warrant and trip to the ER, but it did need to be checked out. And, I'm beginning to think they should put 'stapling kids heads' within the scope of practice for RN's so I could take care of these things on my own! We got an appointment at 1130am. Yippee! We could still make Patrick and Marshal's preschool field trip to the butterfly show! And, yes, I took them all to the butterfly show with one child having a cracked head that needed staples.
Now, for the time wasting part. We got to our pediatrician, where it was determined that Graham did need staples, but they were 'out' of staple guns! What?!? There must have been a run on head wounds or something. So, they sent us over to Urgent Care where Graham got his two staples. He was a good boy and I think the worst part for anything like this is that they have to be held down. We all know how much toddlers DO NOT like to be restrained! But, it went quick and we were on our way home.
My biggest concerns at this point? First, we've GOT to get the boys to stop whacking each other over the head with toys when they get angry! It's super dangerous and once baby Quad gets here it will be even more dangerous. Infants don't tolerate being smacked over the head so well, you know! Second, Graham always bumps his head on things. By bed time he had bumped his head on numerous tables, chairs, walls, etc. at least a dozen times. And, with each bump came some serious pain and crying for him. I can only imagine! I'm sure his little head is sore. But, the swelling and tenderness should go down over the next day or so and our next fun adventure will be getting the staples removed. To this day Patrick is still angry with our pediatrician for taking his staples out last year! He grew rather attached to his staples he had in his head and wanted to keep them there. We'll see how Grammy does.
Now, for the close up...it was covered when we left Urgent Care, so it's not too yucky to look at!



No comments:
Post a Comment