January 1, 2010. Wow! It's 2010. I'll still be writing 2009 probably until this time next year. :) But, Happy New Year! I am hopeful that 2010 will be great. I have several things that I plan to work on this year.
1. Having a smooth, healthy pregnancy.
2.Forcing myself to slow down a bit, let the house be a little 'undone' and enjoy the ride of life!
3. Taking more time for Robert and I. We've been better about this one, but there's always room for improvement, right?!
4. Patience. Or, having even more of it! I do pretty well with this one in many aspects, but I want to strive to be even more patient with the boys and with myself.
5. Volunteer. I'm working on finding some volunteer activities that I can fit into our busy schedule. I think it would be very personally fulfilling.
6. Find my 'home' at church. I haven't felt connected, at all, to our church. So, I'm going to attempt to find the right group/activities where I feel at home. I'm even considering visiting a new church just to try it out.
7. Successfully potty train Marshall. Yesterday was day one. We ended the day Potty-2 My floors- lost count after 7.
8. Wean Graham. This one will be easy and hard at the same time. I'm mostly ready to do it, and so is he. But, we both have a weakness for 'mo-mo' time. I love the closeness with him and he loves the liquid gold! However, I have ZERO desire to nurse a newborn and a toddler at the same time. And, he's going to have such a hard time adjusting to a new sibling as it is and if he has to share his mo-mo I think it will be even that much more of an adjustment for him.
9. Be more accepting of help and recognize that we're going to need it, especially at the end of this pregnancy and the first few months afterwards. We are already looking at nannies, so we'll see how this one goes!
10. RELAX. I have always had a problem sitting still.
Now on the 9 weeks part...
I am 9 weeks pregnant today! Time is flying by and creeping very slowly at the same time. I am NOT a good first trimester person. At all. I hate this time. The morning sickness has pretty much gone away, except for a few times a day. But, I hate the bloated feeling I get during this time. I swear that my GI tract completely stops. And, I don't like the not quite fitting into my regular clothes but not being ready for maternity clothes either. Although, this pregnancy is showing quite a bit sooner, so this time my end very soon! All in all, I really should not complain. We are SO blessed to be able to bring a child into this world and I want to take every moment possible to realize and enjoy this. I go back to my MD next week and I'll have another ultrasound around 11 weeks, so belly pics and Baby Carraway #4 pics should be posted soon!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
happy new year Shannon!! congrats again on baby #4 and good luck with potty training and weaning Graham.
Please forget all the resolutions and solely focus on getting yourself healthy so you can see your children grow up!
Post a Comment