Sunday, March 7, 2010

18 Weeks



18weeks 3days!! WhooHoo!! Only one week away from the big half way mark, as my OB/GYN is still planning to induce if I can hold off until 38weeks 2days. Baby Quad seems to be doing well. She's gotten big enough I can feel her move more and more every day. And, she appears to be rather feisty! If I press on my belly or lean up against something she makes her presence known. She reminds me of how Patrick was in the womb. I go for another appointment March 16th and we will schedule the big anatomy scan ultrasound. That's the one that makes me nervous for some reason. I guess I just want get word that everything appears 'normal!'
Patrick and Marshall and talking a little bit more about having a baby sister. Marshall get a silly grin on his face when he talks about her, it's pretty funny! Patrick said the other day that we needed to buy her a new seat for the car and that she could sit right next to him. He then got a little worried about there not being enough room in my car, but once I reminded him that we bought a new 'open-shut' car (aka minivan) he wasn't so worried anymore.
Last night the boys talked to baby sister through my belly button before they went to sleep. They put their lips right on my belly button and told her hello, asked what she was doing, told her to grow big and strong and to have a good night. It was the sweetest thing ever!! Patrick wondered why he couldn't hear her and why she didn't talk back to him. I'm thinking of renting a fetal Doppler so they can hear her 'thump, thump, thump' (aka heartbeat) at home like they have heard at my doctor appointments. It's less than $20 a month, so I'll be looking in to that this week!
All in all, not much to report. The belly's getting bigger, but nothing like it will be be come July!! All the lovely aspects of pregnancy that you conveniently forget about after birth are making themselves know again. But, it's par for the course, I guess! My doctor always says that's what you get the fourth time around!! And, she also laughed said that my uterus if "worn out." Yup. That's why Quad is our sweet little caboose baby. :) Until next time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon!!!
Your belly looks so cute! Congratulations! Am so glad I checked your babyblog and got the shannnon update!

miss you- Dulce in Denmark

Anonymous said...

Shannon,
OMG!!! You're 18 weeks pregnant. Wow. Time flies. Am so excited that you all will be having a baby girl. love the baby quad name.

Dulce in Denmark