Saturday, March 20, 2010

20 Weeks






Finally, on the downward slope of the pregnancy hill!!! About 18 weeks to go. :) I had my 20wk appointment this week with one of my midwives. Everything looks good. BP good, weight gain good, pee good, baby's heart rate 150's and she's big enough I can feel her move- A LOT! She appears to be on a pretty regular sleep/wake schedule now. Pretty active around 2-3pm and then again around 8:30-10pm. I go back for my big anatomy scan ultrasound on April 1st. Not too far away!
Hopefully this pregnancy will go by quicker from now on. Mine usually do once I get past the half way point. But, I at least feel pretty good most of the time. I definitely get more swollen, especially my right leg where all the varicose veins are, now that's its' getting warmer. I also have a ton more Braxton-Hicks. Or, actually, I guess I can just feel them now. My doctor says you actually begin having them during the first trimester and then the more pregnancies you've had the stronger and sooner you can feel them. But, they're nothing to worry about at his point and I guess my uterus is just practicing. Being this is the fourth time around it has zero muscle tone anymore and I guess it's just needs to do lots of reps in order to get in shape!
But anyway, things are progressing well. I should have the fetal Doppler I rented on Monday. I can't wait to let the boys hear Quad's 'thump, thump, thump' at home. They still talk to her daily, it's pretty cute.

1 comment:

2 Little Irish Boys said...

You look incredible! Thanks for sharing and take care of yourself!