Monday, March 1, 2010

Team PINK It Is!!

IT'S A GIRL!!! Yup, baby Quad is a she. We will have a little princess joining our family this summer. And, boy do I have a feeling we are in for some change! A little girl running around in a house full of wild, crazy little boys. It's going to be an adventure. And, mommy is going to have to share her crown. We are super excited!


My gut feeling, as I posted before, was that Quad was a girl. But, I had no idea if it was a true instinct or just simply that after three boys one would think the odds would be for a girl! I went in to our appointment preparing myself to not be surprised if she was a boy, even though I kept thinking it was going to be a girl. The ultrasound tech spend a few minutes getting the image oriented on the monitor and I kept seeing this big thing and my first thought was BOY! But, I quickly realized that it was WAY too big to be boy parts, and that it must be the umbilical cord. Once the image was oriented on the monitor it was pretty obvious that the three little tell tale lines of a little girl were there. The tech asked if I was ready and said, "GIRL!" Robert says he could totally tell I let my guard down and was truly super excited. And, he was right! I kind of wanted to cry, but didn't let myself. I think I just said, "Really?!?" We spent the rest of the appointment just watching her move around like crazy and the tech got a few measurements and printed pics. Everything appeared normal and as usual, she had that high heart rate and was bouncing around! Probably because I had a cup of half caf coffee and a bag of M&M's before the appointment. I've had babies not want to move during ultrasounds in the past and I figured some caffeine and sugar were sure to get her going!


I have already begun looking at all the fun baby girl crib bedding and the whole pink thing is totally new for me! Marshall seems pretty excited about having a baby sissy, but Patrick seems to be in a bit of denial. He won't say much about it, other than he wants another brother! But, I'm sure he'll have loads of fun with a baby sister. He'll get to torment many dolls, barbies and all the girly things that we've never had in our house before. I think Robert is seeing dollar signs and he imagines all the clothes, shoes, and oh yeah, a wedding to pay for!


So, here's to a smooth rest of my pregnancy and a happy, healthy momma and precious baby girl! We are truly blessed is more ways than we can even begin to imagine. :)

Quad's cute little leg and foot. Aren't baby feet just adorable?

She kept her arm resting up by her face the entire ultrasound.


A great profile pic.



A sweet little baby hand!
Oh, by the way, to answer the most frequently asked question as of late- we have not decided on a name. But, we've got plenty of time, right?! I don't have to turn in all the birth certificate paperwork until we're discharged from the hospital. ;)




1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is looking like you and Charlie, to me. :-)