Friday, March 12, 2010

How Baby Sister Will Arrive...According to Patrick

So, last night while the boys were talking to Quad before bedtime Patrick was pushing on her (aka my belly!) and telling her wake up. I explained to him that it was bedtime (even baby sister's already asleep, Patrick!) and that she needed to get her rest so she could grow big and strong and get ready to be born. Patrick then enlightened me as to how this will all happen.

Evidently, baby sister will keep growing bigger and bigger and bigger (his hands on my belly moving up and out with each 'bigger' and his eyes filled with total excitement) until she is SO BIG she is up to my mouth and then she will come out of my mouth. Really, Patrick?!? Wow.

However, he's not too terribly far off from the truth, huh? Makes me laugh, though. I just love the innocence and pure excitement! Robert was surprised he didn't say I was going to 'poop her out.' Patrick does know that we eat food and then the 'leftovers' that our body doesn't use come out as pee/poop. But anyway, that's a whole different conversation! And, I just wish the whole birth process was as easy as the Patrick version. That would sure beat natural child birth any day!!

1 comment:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Hmmm... Out of my mouth sounds scarier! Teeth and all. Plus, I hate to throw up...