Sunday, January 3, 2010

And I Might Just Have a Future Bully on My Hands

Yup, that's right. One of my sweet, darling little boys has recently turned in to quite the trouble maker! He might just end up being a bully. And, I say this jokingly as I am sure it is just a phase that we will have to work through with him. But, can you guess which one of the adorable little boys in the picture below got quarantined in Sunday school today? Which one of them got in trouble for spitting at his friends at church? Which one of them has developed quite the attitude? Which one of them puffs his chest out and grunts at anyone who gets in his way? Or, if that is not effective just spits in your face? Which one of these little boys was caught a couple of times tonight sitting on one of his brothers' heads in attempt to gain control over a toy?



Have you made your guess yet?!?
IT'S THIS ONE!!!!
My sweet baby Grammy is now the trouble maker of the house!!! He is defiant, stubborn (now where did he get that from? Surely not his mother!) and full of A.T.T.I.T.U.D.E.

Yup. This little monkey has discovered his influence in our world and is making his presence known. We obviously discourage the spitting, grunting and aggressiveness towards his brothers, but it's not working. I'm thinking that I will have to take a new approach. Telling him 'no' and redirecting him to another acceptable activity is not working. Neither is popping his little hand. All of these approaches end up with him puffing out his little chest even more, cocking his head to one side and either grunting or spitting. SO frustrating. Tomorrow I plan on ignoring the display of attitude and seeing if not giving him any reaction deters him at all. We'll see. I will not ignore the sitting on heads thing or his spider monkey move he does when he just jumps onto one of his brothers' backs. He will certainly be reprimanded for that behavior! But, who would have thought that it'd be my little 16 month old doing this? I certainly did not think he would turn in to that kid. We will work through this, though, and hopefully nip this new behavior in the bud before he really does get kicked out of church! How awful would that be?!?



1 comment:

tricia said...

he is sooo not the one I would have picked lol - I can't believe how big he is already!!!