Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Patrick-isms

Yup, I've got a couple of new ones! Gotta love the stuff that comes out of the mouth of a 3 1/2 year old.


This morning on our way home from the gym we drove over the same railroad tracks that we drive over almost every time we leave our house. They're kind of on a hill and are a little bumpy, but we deal with them daily. I hardly ever pay any attention. Patrick, however, does. As we were driving over them today he said to me in his super-serious-ever-so-frustrated 3 year old voice, "Momma, my penis is tired of going over this hill! He's tired of it!" Huh?!? I asked Patrick to repeat what he said, as I was sure I didn't' hear it right. But, nope, I was right. Evidently, his penis is just tired of going over the railroad tracks. Note taken. I'm guessing the bumpiness of them jostles him around in his car seat and maybe the buckle irritates him?! Who knows....



Just moments after the above took place, we saw a landscaping crew digging up a front yard. They had some pretty serious equipment- bobcat, huge shovels, backhoe, etc. Patrick took one look, his eyes got super big and he said, "Momma, look! Are they digging for worms?!?" Me: " Maybe they are, Patrick!" Patrick: in total heaven, grinning to ear. I could just see the wheels turning in his little head. He will no longer be satisfied digging in the one flower bed that I allow worm digging. He's going to have a excavating crew out there to help him out!!

No comments: