Thursday, January 7, 2010

We'll Be Back Next Week When We Run Out of Money!

I've written on this topic before, and I think it's a good way to document the little things our children say that have us rolling on the floor laughing. I'm sure we will forget these moments as they grow older, but as least I'll have documentation of what happened. Hey, it could come in handy some day. First dates, future daughters-in-law, senior year montage things, etc... ;)


This past weekend Patrick and Marshall loaded up their new back packs (aka 'pack pack' according to Marshy!) with all the essentials- books, lovey, trucks, blocks, etc. and headed to the front door. They attempted to escape, it was not only locked but chained out of the reach of little hands (yeah, my kids have escaped before and now I have a chain lock at the top of the front door!) They informed us that they were going on a trip and would be back next week when they ran out of money! Ran out of money?!? How did they know to say that? I was laughing hysterically, as was Robert. If only it were that easy. Mommy would like to pack a bag of essentials, walk out the front door and come back next week when she ran out of money, too! :)


Yesterday the boys were throwing play-doh all over my house, excuse me, playing nicely in their chairs with play-doh. Patrick built some contraption that involved a play-doh knife and a rolling pin. He then informed me that it needed two thousand dollar batteries. Huh? Okay, son. You better start saving now. Actually, I told Patrick he'd have to ask daddy about those two thousand dollar batteries when he got home from work!





This morning Marshall went in the bathroom to pee pee before getting clothes on. He already had on his Scooby underwear. And, he insists in using the little hole in the front of his underwear in order to gain access to his goods. Why, I don't know. He struggles every time and I constantly tell him to just pull down his underwear but he won't. So, while digging for access he tells me that his penis won't come out. He's stuck in here! Where he go?! There he is!! This morning ended like most trips to the potty. I had to go in and help Marshy get him out.



The other morning, Patrick walked in our bedroom while I was getting dressed. He looked at me, in shock, and asked, "Momma, what are those on top your belly?!? That where your milk is?" I was speechless. Robert, on the other hand, just about died laughing. I think it was more the tone of Patrick's voice and expression on his face that got us, not so much the question itself. But, Robert and I recovered and simply told Patrick that yes, that was where Graham's momma milk was. Phew. However, I'm sure it's not the end of discussion on this topic, being as I am the only female in a house with 4 males!!



Well, that's all for now. I'm sure I will have more little boy-isms to post soon. I'm working on jotting them down as they happen, as I tend to forget half of them. But, as we all know, kids just say the darnedest things!

No comments: