Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Intelligender and Quad Pics

About three weeks ago I took the Intelligender home gender prediction test. I've taken their test before and it's been correct. However, I hold little faith in the results and waste $30 on the test purely for my entertainment. The result was clearly a BOY result! We'll see on February 27th if my ultrasound confirms Intellligender's result. To be continued... :)


Yesterday I went to the perinatal center for my Ultrascreen. I got to see baby Quad on the ultrasound, have my blood drawn and answer lots of questions. We should have our results in about a week or so. Everything looked good with the baby. Quad's heart rate was 158bpm which is totally normal but higher than any of the boys' heart rates were. The tech told me the old wives tale of a higher heart rate being a girl when I told her that my previous babies had lower heart rates. We both got to laughing when she realized that I had three boys!! I guess we'll see if there's any truth to the old wives tale. Or, maybe I just a few too many Skittles on the way to my appointment and the baby was on a sugar high!





We did get a couple of cute pics of our little Quad and Marshall just loved showing them off! Patrick saw them and asked me if I had two babies in my belly. I told him there's only one baby, but we just got two different pictures of him/her. Hopefully he understands. If not, I guess I'll get a lot of questions from his teachers and parents at school if he starts saying that his mommy has two babies in her belly!!



I go back to my doctor February 11th for another routnine appointment. I'll have to talk to her and find out if my uterus is still retroverted. The ultrasound tech told me yesterday that my uterus is still basically horizontal. I'm hoping it will correct itself over the next couple of weeks, as it has in my previous pregnancies. You know how pregnant women worry, though! So, I'll have it checked out again to make sure it's moved up where it's supposed to be.

No comments: