
This is how our morning started on Friday. And yes, that is a Styrofoam plate. It is sitting on my stove. Dumb thing to do, I know. Probably pretty dumb (or just plain lazy) that I feed my children breakfast on disposable plates, but our mornings are busy and they make for a quick and easy clean up! Just moments before this picture was taken this plate had the other half of the banana and a sausage biscuit sitting on it. What happened, you ask...
Well, I was just 5 feet away (I promise!) in our half bath drying my hair while the big boys were *supposed* to be sitting in their chairs eating breakfast. Graham was still asleep. All of the sudden two little boys appear in the bathroom stuttering something about the stove being on and a fire. What?!? I throw the hair dryer, still on, in the sink (very dumb move, I know) and run towards the stove. The above picture is what I found. Evidently, Marshall turned on the burner while swiping his little brother's breakfast. The Styrofoam place melted/burned and what he was kind enough to leave on his brother plate got singed. But, at least a potentially life threatening event was avoided. Marshall had the common sense to turn off the stove. And, I now have sense enough to not set a plate on the stove. Both of the big boys got a good talking' to about the danger of the stove/oven/fire and I had to make poor little Grammy a new breakfast.
I know I've mentioned the whole taking food from Graham in previous posts and I have recently decided that it must be some sort of crazy dominance thing. Patrick and Marshall both take his food, but they know better than to take food from each other. Weird. But, Graham holds his own and at the rate he's growing he's definitely going to be the biggest of the three!


No comments:
Post a Comment