Friday, January 29, 2010

A Problem of Sorts...

Yes, we have a small issue in the Carraway house at the moment. Graham has decided that at every diaper change he needs to try to go in the potty just like his older brothers. A problem??? Yes, this can be considered a problem! Graham is 17mo. old and is in no way actually physiologically ready to potty train. My dilemma?? Well, I do not want to discourage his interest in the toilet but I also do not have all stinking day to spend in the bathroom!!!

Yesterday morning, when these pics were taken, Graham rushed in the bathroom as soon as I took his pj's and diaper off after breakfast. He pushed the little stool from the sink over to the toilet, climbed up on the stool and stood facing the toilet as if he was actually going to pee. It was pretty cute! I let him do his thing until I heard grunting noises. I came in to find that he had peed a little on the toilet, stool, floor, his legs, etc...So, I told him how great he did trying to pee pee in the potty, cleaned up the mess and sent him out of the bathroom so I could finish cleaning up. Next thing I know, Graham's calling for me and saying uh-oh. Well, I walked out of half bath to find a nice trail of poop all through the kitchen and dining room! Yuck! I guess all that grunting while trying to use the potty got something going. So, I settled and diapered Graham and started to clean up yet another mess. Patrick and Marshall were very quick to tell Grammy that you are not supposed to poop all over the floor. It was, in hindsight, kind of funny.


But, at least Graham has interest in the potty! Maybe he'll be super early and super easy to potty train. I'm keeping fingers crossed. :)







2 comments:

2 Little Irish Boys said...

These pictures are so cute! Sounds like someone I know at our house--Cillian is 19 months and I keep telling his big brother to quit announcing that he is going to the bathroom.
Bathroom parties generally are messy!!

Unknown said...

Shannon, I have heard of children as young as a year beginning to potty train. Maybe Marshall is going to train himself early because he wants to be like his brothers. You might just luck out and have all three trained before the fourth get here. It is worth a try, I think.
Good luck,
Aunt Dian