Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Weekend Part I

We kicked off our Halloween a little early in the Carraway house!! Friday after lunch we headed outside to play in our dragon costumes and pick up leaves. (I was pretty desperate to find something that would burn off their wild boy energy!) Instead of bagging our piled up leaves (that would just be plain boring!) we decided to pile them at the bottom of the slide and have some fun. The big boys LOVED going down the slide and crashing into the leaves. Graham, however, was a little less thrilled by the whole thing.

Here comes Marshall!!

Patrick crashing into the pile of leaves.



Marshall looks so happy :)



Momma and Graham.


Grammy making his debut!
I don't think he could be out of those leaves
and that crazy costume fast enough.
The afternoon of playing in the leaves ended rather eventful, as most things in the Carraway house! I turned around to see Patrick out of his costume with NO underwear on, only his undershirt, coming down the slide. What?!? When I asked him what in the world he was doing he explained to me that he had wet his pants because he forgot to go inside to use the potty. I guess stripping down to only his undershirt made perfect sense to him, I don't know. But, as usual, Marshall was quick to follow Patrick's lead. Next thing I know, both of my children are running around the yard, playing in leaves and going down the slide bare bottomed. Awesome! Not really...I herded them all inside to get dressed and go down for a nap. Thank goodness Graham doesn't yet know how to take his clothes off!!
After nap we headed back outside to play in the leaves again with Daddy and carve our pumpkin. The boys were SO excited that Robert made it home early to play and carve a pumpkin with them! This time, we actually bagged up all the leaves. All three boys were great helpers. I knew there was a reason I had three sons- manual labor!! :) Once our leaves were bagged the carving adventure began...

REALLY big knife- check.
Big spoon to scoop out seeds- check.
Two little boys ready to get their hands inside that pumpkin- check.

The finished product!
Not too shabby, if I say so myself!


Momma and her boys with all of our pumpkins



My four amazing boys with their works of art

No comments: