...Really, I think I did! I was a the gym and had just showered and while I was drying my hair, I realized that I didn't have my wedding rings on. I remembered that I had taken them off in the dressing room to put on lotion. I usually put them in a specific spot in my gym bag while doing this, but not today! I set them on the ledge of the dressing room and obviously forgot to grab them before leaving the dressing room. Holy Crap!! I walked back in the dressing room I had been in and they were GONE and someone's things were in there. Okay. My pulse reached 500 at this point, I swear! I noticed while I was drying my hair that another girl, wrapped in her towel, kept looking around the locker room but I paid no attention. Well, this was the girl that found them and she had been asking if they belonged to anyone in the locker room. But, since I was drying my hair, I didn't hear her!!! When I saw her walk into the dressing room I had been in I RAN over and asked if she had seen them. Thank God she had!! She gave them back to me and explained what she had been doing wandering around in her towel.
Whew. I have them back now and DO NOT plan to ever take them off again to put on lotion while in the locker room. Yes, they are insured, but I do not want a replacement. I love my rings. They are very special to me, for the obvious reason (they are my wedding rings!) but also because a very special person who is no longer with us on this earth (Wayne Williams) made them and a very, very special person (my hubby) picked them out all by himself. So, a very sad, unpleasant evening was avoided. As, when I would have to tell Robert I lost them I think he would fall over dead!
Now, off to try to catch up on our Halloween posts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment